Sunday, February 22, 2009

I am sitting here enjoying a nice quite time while Matt is out campaigning with Adam & Brody is napping. As I look back on February I am thankful for all the fun we have had however I cant believe the end of the month is here already! We celebrated my mom's birthday this month with dinner & presents. Brody enjoyed helping his grandma opening them and really like the ice cream we had! Matt & I attended a black-tie event, the annual Heart Gala, which was very nice. We really enjoyed getting all dressed up and having a date-night. On a more serious note, my mom has unfortunately had another scare of Atrial Fib & is looking for answers as to why this continues to happen. Matt's grandpa has given all of us a scare lately too. He had a minor heart attack and found out he needs valve replacement but has opted out of treating it for the time being. Although we have had some highs & lows this month I cant help but feel very blessed. A few weeks ago at church the sermon was about the "dark times" vs "the light"which is seems that is all people talk about and focus on...the economy, horrible weather, lots of flu/colds going around, etc...Pastor Rob went on to say that it is our job to start each day with a new attitude & gratitude for all the blessings in our lives. As the lent season approaches us I keep wondering what I want to give up this season...and I think instead of giving something up I am going to start a journal of thanks - to write in it daily so I start each day & end each day couting my blessings and focusing on "the light".

No comments:

Post a Comment