Friday, January 23, 2009

TGIF!

Thank God its Friday!!! It has been a long 2 weeks. Last week, Brody was sick with the stomach flu. This was discovered on Monday after he had to go to the hospital for an echocardiogram. {He has a heart murmur & has had one since birth, so Dr. Arzon just wanted to take a better look at it to make sure it was nothing to worry about. We had our f/u apt already and everything is ok but needs to watched. He has a small hole in his atria septum-the wall b/n the 2 atria. Dr. said most of the time as babies grow this will close on its own. We have to go to a Pediatric Cardiologist to have him follow the case. A little scary but I feel comforted with Dr. Arzon & her nature to be very very thorough.} It was a long test & my patience were thin - I dropped Brody off at the sitters house & within the hour she called b/c he had thrown up everywhere. THAT was the start of a long 2 weeks. Brody was down almost all week & as soon as he started to feel better I started feeling bad.





Last Saturday we had dinner plans with our friends Andrew, Amanda, Jay & Elizabeth and all our babies. We had not gotten together since Andrew & Amanda's little guy, Drake was born & now he is 6 mo old!! It was past due! Well, I made the night - a night to remember - because I threw up at the dinner table! NICE! Classy too -because I had not yet mentioned that we went to Jay & Elizabeth's house b/c they had won a Gourmet dinner for 6 at a March of Dimes auction...I dont think the cheifs took this as a compliment! UGH!





So, this week Matt was sick & I was down - but now its Friday!!! Brody has spent lots of time with G'ma Carol & Papa Steve this week as they have been a god-send! I also have to thank God for our sitter Carrie! She has been wonderful & even made Matt & I dinner the other night! We are so lucky to have her and Brody squeals in delight when she comes to pick him him, immediately saying "bye bye".





I have to admit that He brightens our days even when we are under the weather! I swear he said "Papa" last night -adding it to his other words "mama", "dada", "ball", "do" - for dog, "dat", "NO NO NO" (love this one!) "HI" and "bye bye". He was on TV this past week - WAND, The picture of the week contest. Unfortunately he did not win - but to me he will always be #1. The picture I entered was taken last summer at a field of sunflowers near our house. My mom & her friend Diane helped me take them. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment