Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Brody's 1st Birthday Party


Sunday we celebrated Brody's 1st birthday with family & friends. His actual b.day was Jan 5 but I was not organized & did not get around to planning something til after his b.day. Anyhow, it was so much fun & I am so thankful that we have so many close friends & family that were there to share this special time with us. He got so many wonderful gifts! Among the traditional 1 year old gifts he got some trucks & "boy" toys BUT he also got a vaccum & a kitchen set! I dont think his daddy knew what to think with these gifts, but I am going to raise him so he does not know the difference between "his" or "her" work! He loves the swifer so I already think cleaning the floors is going to be on his chore list! It is so hard to believe he is 1! He is learning & changing every day, discovering new things, observing & processing...its truly amazing. His vocabulary just keeps developing too! Soon he will be putting words together! He is definately my son! :) His favorite activities these days are to play in toilet water, try to eat Maggie's dog food & empty any drawer or cabinet he has access to. Needless to say it keeps us busy! I am off tomorrow & hope to take Brody out in the snow to play! Thank God for Wednesdays! I cant wait to see what he thinks!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, Mel! What a cute kid. Thanx for letting me spend time with him Sunday morning. I look forward to doing that again real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all those TOYS!! Love the blog. We will add it to our blog list. Hope to see you soon! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete